Shut up! Group hugs are fucking metal!
Plus their t-shirts have Medusa riding two Great White Sharks. BRUTAL!
To further express my love for Black Cobra, I present to you a cupcake recipe inspired by their song Sugar Water. It features my favorite sugar water - Horchata!
Black Cobra: Sugar Water Cakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Horchata*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake tin with baking cups and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- In a separate measuring cup, mix the Horchata and vanilla together.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter & sugar in 3 parts alternating with the Horchata. Beat well after each addition, and set mixture aside.
- In a clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form - if you've never done this before, it takes a while. Feel free to use an electric mixer, and maybe walk away for a bit to turn up your stereo. I'm sure it's playing Black Cobra, just like mine.
- Gently fold egg whites into cake batter.
- Fill baking cups about 2/3 full
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into one cake, comes out clean.
- To Make the Frosting: Beat the cream cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer until combined.
- Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time, beating until well incorporated.
- Add the cinnamon, then increase the mixer speed and beat until fluffy.
- Frost completely cooled cupcakes, and sprinkle with more cinnamon, if you so desire.