She was 13 at the time.
Oh Danzig... You crazy little beefcake!
Glenn Danzig was the founding member and vocalist for The Misfits and Samhain, before forming Danzig in 1987. He's got a voice that could knock you down a flight of stairs. I prefer to think of him as the Elvis of Metal.
I recently saw Danzig play here in Chicago when Skeletonwitch opened for him. His latest tour was to commemorate the 20 year anniversary of the release of Danzig I. He put on a really good show, even though John Christ, Eerie Von and Chuck Biscuits are no longer in his band. He now plays with Johnny Kelly (Type O Negative) and Tommy Victor (Ministry).
In 2003 Danzig guest starred on an Aqua Teen Hunger Force holiday episode entitled The Cybernetic Ghost of Christmas Past from the Future. He played himself, a prospective buyer of Carl's cursed house. The pool filled with elfin blood was it's major selling point:
To honor Danzig, the holiday season, and the anniversary of Danzig I, I present to you:
Danzig: Twist of Candy Cane Cakes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
- 1 stick butter (room temperature)
- 4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- more candy cane pieces for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake tin with baking cups, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, pour boiling water over cocoa, and whisk until smooth. Let mixture cool.
- Wisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at time, then stir in vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the cocoa mixture.
- Stir in Candy Cane pieces.
- Fill baking cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the Frosting: In a small bowl, beat together butter, sugar, milk, vanilla, and salt until light and fluffy.
- Frost completely cooled cupcakes, and sprinkle with more Candy Cane pieces, if you so desire.
- Enjoy a little twist of cane from the God below.
Happy Holidays from Metalcakes!!