Time to share glad tidings.
Time to give with your heart.
And if you think you're going to beat me to that last LEGO Star Wars Hoth Wampa set, it's time to kiss your ass goodbye!
Born unto this world in Portland, Oregon on New Year's eve 2005, Red Fang has been sent to save this world from terrible music. Fear not their thunderous riffs and punishing beats! For they are merely fulfilling their own rock prophecy.
You probably won't find them in a manger anytime soon, but you will find them on Adult Swim's Metal Swim compilation album, along with so many others I adore (Black Cobra, Skeletonwitch, Kylesa, Witch Montain...). So much awesomeness, I can't believe it's free!
To honor Red Fang, and the annual season of giving, I present to you:
Red Fang: Prehistoric Nog Cakes
- 1/4 cup Dark Rum
- 1 cup Eggnog
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 1/3 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup Butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Eggnog
- 2 Tbsp Dark Rum
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 4 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a cupcake tin with baking cups, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together rum, eggnog, vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, mix together nutmeg, sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Fill prepared baking cups about 2/3 full
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting: In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, eggnog, rum, nutmeg and powdered sugar.
- Frost completely cooled cupcakes.
- Enjoy your Prehistoric Nogs of war.
Here is the AWESOME video for "Prehistoric Dog."
If you only watch one video this holiday season, make sure it's this one. Enjoy!
2010 was a rough one for me, here's looking forward to 2011!
Wishing each and every one of you nothing but the best, Happy Holidays from Metalcakes!