Where would we be without Black Sabbath? The world would be filled with nothing but crappy, bland, meaningless, pop tunes that we could all listen to with our parents, whilst sipping skim milk as we neglect to expand our minds.
I shudder at the thought.
We all owe an immeasurable debt to Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Bill Ward, and Ozzy Osbourne.
While writing Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, the band rented Clearwell Castle. They used the dungeons as a rehearsal space. Totally fucking metal. If I could have rented a castle and baked these cupcakes in a dungeon, you know I would have.
In an attempt to express my gratitude and endless admiration for the mighty Sabbath, I give you:
Black Sabbath: Cupcakes Bloody Cupcakes
- 2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Strawberry Jam (seedless)
For the Frosting:
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Hershey's Strawberry Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake tin with papers and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl, and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter on high until soft.
- Add sugar, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour mixture in 3 parts, alternating with milk.
- Add vanilla.
- Fill baking cups about 2/3 full.
- Baking for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cupcakes are completely cooled, use a paring knife to cut a cone out of the center of each cake.
- Slice off the flat part of the cone, and save.
- Fill each cupcake with strawberry jam.
- Place flat part of cone on top.
- To make the frosting: Melt white chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy.
- Add cream cheese, and beat until combined.
- Add white chocolate, and continue to beat at medium speed.
- Add vanilla.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Frost completely cooled, jam filled cupcakes.
- Drizzle blood sauce over each cupcake.
- Bog blast all of you.