They had a friend from the neighborhood named Steve. Steve's room was absolutely plastered from ceiling to floor with every Iron Maiden poster in existence.
I spent many hours staring at these masterpieces. My particular favorite was Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. This sparked my ever enduring love for Maiden.
I am now the proud owner of a Troopers Pillowcase, and Killers Vans (that my cat Zombie is a fan of too).
I'm sure he was having metal-rific dreams when this picture was taken...
Last I heard, Steve became a cop.
To honor the always-awesome Iron Maiden, I present to you:
Iron Maiden: 22 Minutes to Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup English Toffee (or Heath Bar) pieces
For the Frosting:
- 1 stick of butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 3 to 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven on to 375 degrees F. Prepare a cupcake tin with papers, and set aside.
- Put butter in mixer and beat at medium speed until somewhat smooth.
- Pour in sugar and beat well.
- Add 2 eggs, mix well.
- Add: vanilla, baking powder, salt, flour, and milk, beat until combined.
- Stir in Heath Bar pieces.
- Pour into baking cups, until they are about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 22 minutes (...to kill the unborn in the wooooommmmbb!!!!!!) or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing them to cool completely.
- To make the Frosting: Place the butter and cocoa powder in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until the mixture is soft and well combined, about 30 seconds.
- Stop the machine and add the confectioners’ sugar, 3 tablespoons of the milk, and the vanilla. Blend with the mixer on low speed until the sugar is incorporated, 1 minute. Increase the speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, 1 minute more.
- Add 1 to 2 Tablespoons more milk if the frosting is too stiff.
- Pipe on completely cooled cupcakes, and sprinkle with extra toffee pieces if you so desire.
- For the love of living death, bake them already!!