Their first album, Morbid Tales (1984) and the following Ep, Emperor's Return (1985) are their crowning achievements. I don't know about you, but I never get tired of listening to Tom Warrior growl about civilizations crumbling into decay. Brutal.
To honor Celtic Frost, and their contribution to the Swiss standard of living, I give you:
Celtic Frost: Cupcakes of the Tyrants
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 3oz milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 packet Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Frosting:
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare a cupcake tin with baking cups
- Put the butter and milk chocolate pieces together in a microwave-safe bowl, and nuke on high for 30 seconds.
- Stir gently and nuke for another 30 seconds, or until they mix together into a smooth paste when stirred
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, Swiss Miss, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- In another bowl, mix the milk, beaten egg, sour cream, and vanilla together
- Add the butter chocolate mixture, and wet ingredients to the dry ingredients all at once
- Beat until well combined
- Fill baking cups about 2/3 full and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow cakes to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting: Add salt to egg whites, and beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form
- Gradually add sugar 1 Tablespoon at a time, beating until smooth and glossy
- Slowly add corn syrup, beating until firm peaks form
- Add vanilla
- Spread onto completely cooled cakes, and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips
- Nihil Verum Nisi Mors.