As if this cover wasn't enough, the whole album fucking rules. My favorite track has to be "Suicide" (Red Fang covered this song, and did a really great job). I like to picture the drummer Marc Bell (AKA Marky Ramone) using Brontosaurus bones when pounding out this tune.
Dust only released 2 albums before going their separate ways. *sigh* But it's always best to go out on a high note. They will forever hold a place in my cold, black heart.
Because this recipe has so many intense, sinfully, suicidal elements, I recommend using 2 different mixes to save both time and money.
In honor of Dust, I give you:
Dust: Suicide (by Cupcake)
- 1 box Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg
For the Cookie Dough:
- 1 pouch (1lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 stick of butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3 to 5 Tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, line a cupcake tin with baking papers.
- Make brownie mix as directed on box, using vegetable oil, water and an egg.
- Fill each cupcake paper about 2/3 full with brownie batter.
- Make cookie dough as directed on the package, using butter and an egg.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoonfuls into each cupcake, and press down slightly.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the side of a cupcake, comes out almost clean.
- Let cakes cool in pan for 20 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting: Place the butter and cocoa powder in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until the mixture is soft and well combined, about 30 seconds.
- Stop the machine and add the confectioners’ sugar, 3 tablespoons of the milk, and the vanilla. Blend with the mixer on low speed until the sugar is incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Increase the speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, about 1 minute more.
- Add 1 to 2 Tablespoons more milk if the frosting is too stiff.
- Spread on completely cooled cakes. Sprinkle with various suicidal implements, such as rainbow sprinkles and mini chocolate chips.
- Enjoy, pretty soon you'll be gone.
I couldn't find any live footage of Dust.
This is all I have to offer (close your eyes and enjoy):