It's been said that if Motörhead moved in next door to you, your lawn would die.
Even though Lemmy prefers Motörhead be classified under Rock 'n Roll as opposed to metal, their influence on most metal bands cannot be denied. Therefore, I feel the need to honor them with a Metalcake.
Motörhead: Love Me Like a Cupcake
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniel's Whiskey
- 6 ounces bittersweet (70% cocoa) chocolate (such as Scharffen Berger or Lindt), chopped
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder dissolved in 6 tablespoons hot water
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 7 tablespoons vanilla sugar divided
- 3 large eggs, separated
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Jack Daniel's Whiskey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake tin with baking cups and set aside.
- Boil 1/2 cup of whiskey in a small saucepan until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 2 minutes.
- Combine bittersweet chocolate, espresso powder mixture, and 1/4 cup boiled whiskey in a small metal bowl.
- Place bowl over saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir until mixture is smooth, then remove bowl from over water.
- Using an electric mixer, beat 1/2 cup butter and 6 Tablespoons of Vanilla sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks, one at a time.
- Add sea salt.
- Fold in chocolate mixture.
- Using a clean, dry beater, beat egg whites in another bowl until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add remaining Tablespoon of Vanilla Sugar, and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold egg whites in to batter in 3 batches, alternating with flour.
- Fill baking cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into one cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the ganache: Chop the chocolate and transfer it to a heat-proof bowl.
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan until it just begins to simmer.
- Pour cream over chocolate.
- Let the mixture sit for 1 minutes, then stir until smooth.
- Add butter and whiskey, and stir until combined.
- Let ganache cool in the fridge, stirring every 10 minutes until it reaches spreading consistency.
- Spread on completely cooled cupcakes.
- Sink your fangs in.
Here is some live footage of Motörhead playing "Love me Like a Reptile." Enjoy!
"Don't drink water, fish fuck in it."