Bison B.C. are known for their riffs, which have been described as "colossal" and "flowing like a mighty river into a sea of fuzzed out shredding."
But what do Bison B.C. have to say about themselves? Let's find out:
Sounds like a plan!Crawling through the forest of time, we came to destroy your life - so you might rebuild it again with these ideals more in mind: rock, rock and more rock. So forget about your life for a moment and bang your fucking head.
To honor these Canadian champions of metal, I give you:
Bison B.C.: These Are My Dress Cakes
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 6 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
For the Vanilla Frosting:
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake tin with papers and set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer
- Add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly after each
- Melt chocolate in microwave at 15 second intervals, stirring each time. Allow chocolate to cool to room temperature, then add to mixture
- Sift together cake flour and baking soda
- Mix together buttermilk and vanilla
- Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture in 3 additions (starting and ending with flour mixture)
- Stir in white chocolate chips
- Fill each cupcake paper about 2/3 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean
- To make the vanilla frosting: Beat the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy.
- Add the milk, vanilla, and 2 cups of powdered sugar. Beat at low speed until light and fluffy.
- Add more powdered sugar to arrive at the consistency and sweetness you like.
- Frost completely cooled cakes, and top with mini chocolate chips.
- Bring to your next Black Tie event.
Here's some footage of Bison B.C. playing "These ARE My Dress Clothes" in Vancouver. Enjoy!